Thursday, September 1, 2011

Time For A Change



I have never been athletic in any way my entire life. My whole life I had been small and never felt the need to exercise. I never ever understood how people could enjoy the pain of it all. Many times over the years I tried to get myself interested in exercise, but always failed in the end.





As I am getting middle aged, my metabolism is slowing dramaticlly. I have also at the same time felt the need to do something personally, to strive to do better, strive to an accomplishment. Everyone knows that my husband is a runner, and yes he was always begging me to take it up. With some pushing on his end, I decided this might be something I am ready to do.





I invested in a nice pair of running shoes and gear, and took my first run. I went 2 miles. It sucked bad! "this is why I don't do this" I thought. I hired a personal trainer. She taught me correct form and how to land correctly on my feet. I told her how much I HATED running. She told me to give it 4 weeks. After 4 weeks you will start to enjoy it more.





It has been 2 months. I have ran every single day (except on Sundays of course). I am proud to say I am enjoying it!





Now with school in, I have to make sure i go before school starts...because of Clover.





My goal is to do a 5k in the spring and eventually do a race with Mason sometime in the future (far future).



No comments:

Post a Comment