Thursday, June 30, 2011

Are You Kidding Me?

For a couple weeks I have been suffering from itchy (goopy in the morning) eyes. I thought I have a eye infection, because I have no other allergy symptoms (runny nose, and sneezing). So I went into the doctor today, positive I have a eye infection. The doctor was puzzled and said he thinks it could be allergies. He asked me if I would take a allergy prick test. I said sure.
They took this poking object and pricked my back 72 times, with 72 different allergy substances. Everything from foods, to animals, to weeds and trees, molds ect...

After they pricked my back they waited 10 minutes to read it. They measure any welts that have formed. The bigger the welt the worse the allergy. When they came back into the room, they said "WOW"!!!! "Your back is all lit up". The doctor said my results were really bad. The welt sizes ranged from 0-13. I had many 11-13 sizes. I am glad none were food.
Some of my 11-13 allergies:
13: Cultivated Wheat, Sycamore, Goldenrod, Sagebrush, Sunflower, Baccharis
11: Ash tree, Palm tree, Oak, English Plantain,
I had lots in the mid range (and even I had cat as a 4)...
I was shocked, I sat there in that doctor's office with my whole back welted up and itching. I am now on eye drops, pills, and flownase. They told me I can stop all these allergies but it takes 3 years to do it.
Today was a very intersting day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment