Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reflections On Connections

Connor asked me today why I love Shelby more. What? I asked alarmed. "Well, you always talk to Shelby like a grown-up."

I had to explain to him, that I have different kinds of conversations with Shelby because she is a lot older and mature. What I have with you Connor is a special relationship that I don't (and never really had) with her. You and I play, rough-house, tickle, run through the house, be silly, goof around, and I smother you with kisses until you just can't take it anymore. Shelby does not like that stuff. I tried it once and she stormed off into her room yelling things at me like "your so annoying Mom".

Being a mother is a wonderful and awesome job. The Lord gave me such different and amazing children.

Connor the sensitive, smart, funny, naughty boy. He is obsessed with time (which trait doesn't come from his father's side of the family). He loves to crack jokes, (being the class clown, will get a kid into trouble A LOT). Connor is sensitive, he will cry every single time at the movie ET. Connor is very sympathetic and shows much empathy for the under-dog. The Lord gave me a huge responsibility when he sent me Connor. Connor is such a complex person...he has so many layers to him. He has been a challenge for me, but I have never ceased to adore him.

I have always felt a very strange and strong connection with him. The moment I found out I was having a boy from the ultra-sound...it was like our spirits connected in some profound way. When he was born, I sobbed uncontrollably for joy (he was the only child I cried when born). This connection seemed almost unearthly at times. Our spirits seemed so close that when he was young it was almost like "the twin connection". Example: Once I dropped Connor off at a babysitters house for about an hour. When I came back and picked Connor up, the babysitter had a look of shock on her face. I asked her what happened? She said it was the most bizarre thing she had seen. She said about a minute before you pulled up Connor ran to the door with excitement that his mommy was here. She looked out the window and saw nothing. Then moments later I pulled in the driveway.Shelby has always been extreamly mature for her age. She is smart, and very athletic. Shelby and I love to have deep and meaningful conversations. She is a good girl, and always does what she is told. I can depend on her and I trust her. One thing that I have gotten used to is constant praise from all of her school teachers, church leaders, coaches, and people who know her. Raising Shelby has been nothing but a joy. If any parent could dream up the "dream daughter" it would be a daughter like Shelby.


Clover Ann, she is so sweet and cute, but look out here she comes! I just adore her to death. She gets into so much trouble (and if she was my daycare kid, she would have been kicked out), but my love for her trumps anything she does. That little face of hers (little Mason Face), I look at it and I am reminded how much my Heavenly Father must love me.











1 comment:

  1. I LOVED "and if she was my daycare kid, she would have been kicked out"

    ReplyDelete