Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's About Time!

When we built our house 7 years ago, we did not upgrade on our carpet. Our builder put the cheapest crap carpet they could find. I have been crying about new carpet since the beginning. Today I finally got my wish. All I can say is IT'S ABOUT TIME! We carpeted the whole entire main floor. So we had to do it in stages. First went in the living room, hall, and one bedroom. We spent several days moving furniture into the kitchen and garage.
Then we spent some time ripping up the old stuff.

Down to the bare wood.


We picked a brown patterned Berber, great for high traffic.



It looks great....I am a very happy person today.





Also, just a update with my health. As most of you know...Friday afternoon I went into the ER for sever upper abdominal pain. When I arrived to the ER I was starting to black out from the pain. They quickly pulled me back and my blood pressure was in serious trouble. (60/40). They had to strip me down (because I was out). I was somewhat dehydrated and had a hard time putting a IV line in. They took my blood for testing and tried to get me stabilized. They took an ultra-sound and found that I had gallstones. The doctor admitted me and I had surgery the following morning to remove my gallbladder. The doctor found in surgery that my gallbladder was inflamed, and later blood tests showed infection was now in my blood stream. They wanted to keep a close eye on me, so I needed to stay another night.
Now a lot of people have gallstones and never have pain or never know it. It was a blessing that I had some pain and that I went into see the doctor...it could have been quite bad for me if I didn't go in.
I am home, and recovering quickly. I am tired, but other than that not to bad.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Amy. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that. If I was still your neighbor I would bring you dinner. :) Hope your recovery is fast.

    Your carpet looks great too!

    ReplyDelete