Thursday, March 17, 2011

Art At Home


Some of you may not know (but most do), that I have always enjoyed art. In High School I was always in AP Art and even did a little majoring in it in college. One thing that I love to do is make my own artwork for my walls at home. I had a great time with this one! I have a bare wall in over my sofa in my family-room. I decided to do some abstract work. I titled it IVY ON BRICK. Shelby is taking a painting class in school and she was talking about doing abstract painting in class. I guess she inspired me to pull out my paints. The painting below is the most abstract that I have ever painted.


This painting I did when we moved into the house. It is big. It is in my living room over my sofa. I wanted a huge painting and knew the look of what I wanted, but I didn't want to pay $500 in the store (I saw many that size and style for that price in the stores). So I bought this used canvas at the DI for $10 and made my own. I love it, my husband and family loves it, and the reaction when people come to my house and see my initials painted in the corner, has been fun.

*YOU MAY CLICK ON ANY OF THE PICTURES TO ZOOM*



1 comment:

  1. I like the giraffes on the table… it would have been better if they were ZEBRAS… ohhh and I like your painting… you are sooo talented. Me… not so much!

    ReplyDelete