Monday, November 21, 2011

In Memory Of John King

My Grandfather John King lived a LONG life. He died at the age of 100. He is my mother's father. I am grateful that my children knew him and will remember him.

Grandpa served a long time in the US Navy.




It was rainy today. It rained the whole drive over to the cemetery. As we pulled into Camp Williams, the rained stopped.





Connor (in the green coat), along with my cousins, and brother were pallbearers. What a great thing for my son to remember.








The navy ceremony was wonderful. With the guns going off, so great.


































The most touching, tender moment of the day.














Lots of family gathered together for lunch at my mother's house. It was a nice day. Grandpa lived a wonderful life. So grateful for the Plan Of Salvation. Grandpa is not a member of the church. I am excited to go to the temple in a year with my mom, uncle, and (someone else chosen as proxy) to seal them all together as a family.

















No comments:

Post a Comment