Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Love Of Spray Paint

Over the summer I took a Facebook break....BUT I then discovered something else to replace it... PINTEREST! Pinterest got me really interested into repurposing old into something beautiful for my home. So every yard sale I hit and every thrift store that I go to, my whole thought process is "WHAT CAN I FIND TO REPURPOSE" (and most of the time means SPRAY PAINT).


I am in the middle of a basement overhaul. I have dark walls and rustic colors. I am going for a more light theme, adding in blues. I have not painted my walls yet, they will be done by the end of this month. They will be painted a very pale color. Today I found this coffee table at DI for $10.00. I painted it this turquoise.



Found this lamp for $3.00, spray painted it the same color as the table, and added this shade that I had. I have this great chair, but it is red. I'm not getting rid of it, so the shade of the lamp pulls it together. The mirror behind it, I found for $5.00...and yes it got repurposed with some paint.





I found this quilt rack for $5.00...and that got a nice white.






I found this wall decor for 1.00. It was gold. Sprayed it white and touched it up with some antique glaze.











Here is that mirror.










I found this scale at a yard sale this summer for $1.00. It was army green. I saw on Pinterest a scale in a bathroom...I just had to have one in mine.













I found this metal basket and gave it a quick spray....so cute with a old jar to hold toothbrushes.















I found this tin wall decor at a yard sale, it was red.




































2 comments:

  1. Hey I found your blog! I love your treasures. I love re purposing too...I'm getting geared up to re stain elizas changing table and my glider...if I don't soon it will have to wait until spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya and theres a half marathon on october 29 for halloween, you up for it?

    ReplyDelete