Sunday, July 10, 2011

Honoring My Heritage


It just so happened that while on vacation to Austin TX, that is where my Great Great Grandfather was buried. He was a Confederate soldier, buried in the civil war Confederate section in the cemetery. He served in the TEXAS HOOD'S BRIGADE...which surrendered at Gettysburg. He lived to be almost 100 years old.
We visited the Stated Capital, and on the grounds is erected a memorial to the Texas Hood's Brigade. It was a beautiful monument to those men. This was very interesting to learn about him. ( I have only known about the Lutz side of the family fighting for the UNION). This is my mom's side of the family.



I was NOT prepared to be so emotional at the grave. This was the first time I ever got to visit one of my ancestor's graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment